1. It is the duty of all Irish Wolfhound Owners to keep their hounds under control at all times.To keep them well exercised and in good health and endeavour to further promote the image of the breed and it's equitable temperament.
2. Officers and Committee members of the Club should always be ready to do their best to help members with any queries or problems.
3. Adverstising by members must be factual. Members should refrain from making unfair or untrue statements about the dogs or practice of others.
4. It should be impressed upon buyers that they should contact the breeder in event of any problems with the puppy. Breeders should make every effort to be available under these circumstances.
5. Each purchaser of an Irish Wolfhound puppy should be provided at the time of sale, with a pedigree, diet sheet and information about training, worming and inoculations.
6. Before breeding a litter consideration should be given to type, temperament, health and soundness. Aggressive dogs are not satisfactory as pets or breeding stock.
7. All breeding should be aimed at the improvement of the breed. Members should do all in their power to discourage breeding from clearly inferior specimens.
8. No member should breed a litter unless he has time and facilities to devote proper care and attention to the rearing of the puppies and the well being of the dam. No member should provide stud services unless satisfied that the owner of the bitch has such time and facilities available. Members should allow their males to be used only if certain that both dog and bitch have something to offer towards the improvement of the breed, not just for stud fees. They should be prepared to assis in finding suitable homes for the puppies.
9. No member should breed a litter unless he is reasonably sure of finding homes for the puppies. No puppies should leave the the breeder before the age of eight (8) weeks at least. No bitch should be bred until physically mature.
10. No puppies hsould be sold to dealers, pet shops, laboratories, security firms as as security guard dogs or to persons known to sell puppies to any of the above. Nor should stud services be provided to such persons. Knowledge of such sale should be reported to the committee. It is recommended that no puppies should be sold to areas overseas that do not have similar standards of animal welfare to our own. If in doubt, check with the Club.
11. Prospective buyers of puppies hould be screened for suitablity and should be advised of the characteristics of the Irish Wolfhound as a breed. The breeder should encourage the prospective owner to feed the puppy correctly and endeavour to monitor it's progress and encourage the owner to keep in touch with the breeder, who should be prepared to take back any hound whose home may no longer be able to cope or to contact the Club's Rescue Service.
12. Members should only sell animals which to the best of their knowledge are in good health at the time of the sale.
All information on this page regarding the Code of Ethic of the Irish Wolfhound Club of Ireland is © The Irish Wolfhound Club of Ireland. All rights reserved. No part of this may be reproduced, recorded or photocopied without the prior permission of the Secretary of the Irish Wolfhound Club of Ireland. This article is reprinted here with the specific, permission of the Irish Wolfhound Club of Ireland, August, 1997.
|Lure Coursing Links and Information||Celtic and Gaelic Reading|
|Irish Wolfhound Items for Sale||Druids ~ Fact Not Fantasy by: M. Llywelyn|
|Irish Wolfhound Reading Material||Morgan Llywelyn Schedule of Events ~ 1998|
|Red Branch Main Page||1916 ~ The Easter Rising|
|Irish Wolfhound Site's and Club's||The Children of Lir|
|The Irish Wolfhound ~ An Irish Legacy||Macha Mong Ruad ~ First Milesian Queen|
|Red Branch Web Page Awards||CúChulainn ~ the Hound of Ulster|
|Federation of European Irish Wolfhound Clubs||http://maptimepdx.org/pharr-tx-sprinkler-repair/|
|Our IW "Family" Photo Album||Gráinne Ní Mháille ~ Pirate Queen of Connaught|
|Message's From Our Previous Guest's|
|Irish Wolfhound Longevity Report|
|Irish Wolfhound Standard of Ireland|
|Irish Wolfhound Type ~ Part 1|
|Irish Wolfhound Type ~ Part 2|
|Canine Health and Medical Information|
|Web Rings We Belong to....|
|"Just for the Fun of it .."|
|Saint Patrick Goes to the Dogs|
|Solve Our Saint Patrick's Day Hunt|
|Our Celtic Valentine's|
|Celtic Mardis Gras|
|Browse with Our Favorite Search Engines|
|Guests of the Red Branch|